Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Money? Happiness? Or both?

This is something that has passed through everyone’s mind at some point. If you say no, then you’re a liar. And it’s not only applicable to choosing your partner. I’ve heard before that love dies but money doesn’t. But if there isn’t any love to begin with, would there be any happiness? Having money is of course a plus point but shouldn’t be a condition. Besides, as a girl, I believe I can earn my own money. I don’t wanna marry some rich dude and forever feel indebted because he’s paid for the e.g. house and car and probably have it rubbed in my face at some point down the road.
And then work. Choose a job you love that might pay badly or one you don’t really like and pays a lot of money? In this aspect I’m afraid I lean more to money. Because with me earning more money in my job, I can choose correctly in love. Makes sense? If you suffer in work, its 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. If you suffer in love, its 24/7, 365 days a year for an indefinite period of time. And changing job is easy, well relatively easy. I took a job last Nov purely for the pay jump. I knew from the first week I worked there that I was in for a hard time. I started looking out for a new one and got one 10 months later. So in making a wrong decision there, I only suffered 10 months but still made the money. And when you change job, of course you make more in the next one, it’s just the way it works.
So, there are times when you should sacrifice happiness for money, but of course in the right aspect of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment